Mashtots Matenadaran is one of the largest centers of preservation and popularization of Armenian culture. With its rich collection and historic significance, it hosts thousands of visitors every year who admire the internal and external decoration of the Matenadaran building and its exhibits and take many photos. Now Matenadaran announces a photo contest from April 11 to May 1.
The general conditions for participation in the contest are:
▪ Anyone aged 18+ from any country can participate in the contest.
▪ Each participant can send at least three photos.
▪ The photos can depict elements of both the exterior architecture and the interior decoration of Matenadaran.
▪ The photos should be only in JPG, jpg format, preferably 300 dpi.
▪ The photos should not contain copyright details (name, surname, abbreviated version of a literary pseudonym, copyright symbol [©]) to receive an impartial evaluation by the commission.
▪ Photos taken or published in other contests are also accepted.
Between April 11 and May 1, you will be allowed to take photos with a photo device inside Matenadaran but without using a flash.
Access to the Matenadaran will be allowed only with museum tickets.
The photos sent for the contest may be published, with the protection of copyright, on Matenadaran’s social media or in books recommended for publication by Matenadaran, to which the photographers actually give their consent by participating in the contest.
The participants should send the digital versions of the photos to the email address [email protected], writing “Photo Contest” in the subject area. It is mandatory to mention in the letter:
▪ Author’s name, surname, patronymic name,
▪ City, country,
▪ Title of the photo,
▪ Date of the photo,
▪ Phone number.
According to the results of the jury evaluation, there will be three winners who will be awarded:
▪ First place: 150,000 AMD, a certificate, and incentive gifts,
▪ Second place: 100,000 AMD, a certificate, and incentive gifts,
▪ Third place: 50,000 AMD, a certificate, and incentive gifts.
The members of the jury for the photo contest are:
Karen Matevosyan – Acting Director of Matenadaran,
Yvette Tajarian – Art Historian, senior researcher at Matenadaran, associate professor at YSU,
Greta Gasparyan – Art Historian at Matenadaran,
Mark Grigoryan – writer, journalist and Director of the Alexander Tamanyan National Museum-Institute of Architecture,
Sona Harutyunyan – founding president of the “Dialogue of Cultures” organization and founder of the Yerevan International Print Biennale.
Twenty photos that have passed the final stage will be displayed in the foyer of Matenadaran from May 20, and the photographers will be given a certificate for participating in the contest and passing to the final stage. The contest results will be summarized and the prizes will be awarded on May 20, at 19:00, within the framework of the “Museum Night” event.