“MASHTOTS” ARMENIAN CULTURE PROTECTION AND DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
The “Mashtots” Foundation was founded by financing of American-Armenian benefactors Maria, Beatrice and Ruben Ghrdyans.
On 10 April, 2015 Director of the Mesrop Mashtots Matenadaran Hrachya Tamrazyan and the Foundation’s co-chairs Maria and Beatrice Ghrdyans signed an agreement on the establishment of the Charitable Foundation, the goal of which is to open new ways for the further enlargement and development of educational, scientific and cultural programs in Matenadaran, to support the scientific activities of young scientists and specialists, to carry out research activities in Armenian studies and other spheres, to assist Matenadaran’s scientific research projects, in particular, to support implementation of the Matenadaran’s community development projects, and implementation of projects aimed at promoting the cultural heritage of Matenadaran.
The Foundation carries out its activities through its bodies:
1. Board of Trustees:
Sona Baloyan (secretary)
2. Executive Director:
The Foundation has implemented and continues to implement a number of projects and programs
• Achieving the 17th century manuscript
• Training course in St. Petersburg of Matenadaran’s Restoration Department staff
• Collaboration with the Leuven’s Catholic and Bologna Universities, within the framework of which the exchange of students and lecturers is carried out.
• Practical courses of classical and professional languages for young research associates of Matenadaran
• Annual “Narekatsi Readings” Conference
• Organization of lectures with the participation of leading specialists from Armenia and abroad.
• “Little Artists” children and youth’s educational program
• Awareness-raising events through souvenirs about Matenadaran